Bedford Parks Animal Hospital, nested in the developing and vibrant community of Bedford, NS is welcoming a full-time Veterinary Assistant to join our team!
Do you have experience in a veterinary hospital and are wanting to make a change? Great!!
Do you have experience in Customer Service, have a love of animals and want to help them and the people that come with them? We want to hear from you too!
Through mentoring and continuing education, we can further help you develop in this role.
Who We Need
Welcoming all experience levels and passions, to create a diverse team. We pride ourselves in nurturing a supportive, collaborative & fun team environment. Some aspects of this role include
- Assisting Veterinarians and Technicians with various tasks and treatment of pet patients
- Providing compassionate care duties including feeding and walking patients
- Technical skills; assistance with patient care and restraint
- General hospital maintenance including cleaning kennels
- Enhance the client’s experience by coordinating between the clients and members of the medical team
- Reception duties; handling multi-line phones; greeting clients; scheduling
- Exceptional client service skills that build trust and loyalty with clients
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a dynamic and diverse team
- Compassion and nurturing attitude when providing care to clients and patients
- Ability to remain calm and efficient in stressful situations
- Positive outlook and enthusiasm for learning
- Initiative in carrying out assignments independently
- Previous veterinary education or certificate is an asset
Please email your resume along with answers to the questions below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thoughts on the following questions:
- What was your favorite experience with a pet/animal?
- What motivates you in your career?
- What is your favorite aspect of customer service?
- What is an interesting fact about you?
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Competitive wages and benefits!
- RRSP matching!
- Opportunity to apply for a Veterinary Technician scholarship (annual process)
- Annual uniform allowance
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!